Making Cinnamon Buns
Taking a short detour from Hansik Week because, quite honestly, I’m still trying to figure out a way around using (and at the same time finding alternatives for) the gochujang that’s needed to make the rest of the food. So in the meantime, have a post for the classic (and somewhat overdone) cinnamon buns (or rolls?), recipe courtesy of Joy Of Baking.
Cinnamon Buns = Dough + Filling + Sugar Glaze
[4 1/2 cups all purpose flour + 7g active dry yeast + 1 cup milk + 1/3 cup unsalted butter + 1/3 cup sugar + 1/2 teaspoon salt + 3 large eggs]
In a small saucepan, stirring constantly, heat the milk, butter, sugar, and salt just till warm and the butter is almost melted.
In the bowl of your electric mixer, with the paddle attachment, combine 2 1/4 cups (half) of the flour and the yeast.
Gradually pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture, with the mixer on low speed.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat this mixture on high speed for 3 minutes.
Replace the paddle attachment with the dough hook (or knead by hand).
Knead in as much of the remaining 2 1/4 to flour until you make a moderately soft dough that is smooth and elastic (3 to 5 minutes).
Shape into a ball. Place the dough into a greased bowl, turning once. Cover and let rise in a warm place till double (approximately 1 - 1 1/2 hours).
When the dough has doubled in size punch it down. Place onto a lightly floured surface, cover with a clean towel, and let rest for 10 minutes.
[3/4 cup packed brown sugar + 1/4 cup flour + 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon + 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cut to pieces] OPTIONAL: 1/2 cup light raisins
In a medium-sized bowl combine the brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
Cut in the cold butter with a pastry blender, or two knives, until the mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
After about 10 minutes, roll the dough into a 12 inch (30 cm) square.
Sprinkle the filling evenly over the rolled out dough and top with raisins (if desired).
Carefully roll the dough into a log and pinch the edges to seal. Slice the log (roll) into eight equal-sized pieces.
Arrange dough pieces in a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch (33 x 23 x 5 cm) baking pan (I used a muffin tin instead to keep the buns from sticking together).
Cover dough loosely with clear plastic wrap, leaving room for rolls to rise.
**At this point you can refrigerate the dough for anywhere from 2 to 24 hours.
***If overnight, the next morning remove the rolls from the refrigerator, take off the plastic wrap, and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
If you are making the cinnamon rolls immediately, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and let dough rise in a warm place till nearly double, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.)
Break any surface bubbles with a toothpick. Brush the top with light cream.
Bake in a 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) oven for 25 to30 minutesor till light brown.
**Can tell if done by inserting a toothpick into one of the buns, and it should come out clean.
[1/2 cup powdered sugar + 1 tablespoon light cream]
Drizzle with the sugar glaze and serve warm or at room temperature.
- joannabobana likes this
- diamondnannies likes this
- myloveforfood reblogged this from peegaw
- ashleybar likes this
- givethefishsomefood likes this
- brownie89 likes this
- verate likes this
- jordsimms reblogged this from peegaw
- infinitemadness likes this
- nostalgiafairydust likes this
- live-long-and-prosper2 reblogged this from peegaw
- stitchpunk1 likes this
- lovehurtswhenitdoesntexist likes this
- off-centre reblogged this from peegaw
- off-centre likes this
- mycatsandmydiary likes this
- ayeandyyy reblogged this from peegaw
- ayeandyyy likes this
- goddessofscrumptiousness likes this
- neekstronomy likes this
- jungdaecheesecake reblogged this from kox2ro
- jungdaecheesecake likes this
- themushypear likes this
- enamoredwithstuff likes this
- ojasweet reblogged this from peegaw
- ojasweet likes this
- leslycavart likes this
- kimdaebak likes this
- pamfreak101 reblogged this from peegaw
- thelion likes this
- pamfreak101 likes this
- hazeldoesdinner likes this
- ohsomelodramatic likes this
- mytruthisinthestars reblogged this from aproperspatula
- mytruthisinthestars likes this
- adaymadeofdiamonds likes this
- muslimrave likes this
- foreveroutofreach likes this
- lovingmotherearth likes this
- littledragonsinlove likes this
- justjoy likes this
- aproperspatula likes this
- aproperspatula reblogged this from kox2ro and added:
- candaceshaw likes this
- bonbori reblogged this from kox2ro
- kox2ro reblogged this from peegaw
- kox2ro likes this
- timexpands reblogged this from peegaw
- babyfly likes this