Making Piri-Piri Chicken
This post is dedicated to Farhan, who has been nagging me to make this. Though the recipe looks good, I don’t really know the whereabouts of my skewers and grill, so I used a similar recipe that’s from Jamie Oliver’s 30 Minute Meals - it looked phenomenal when he made it on the show. Be as daring as you like with the peppers; I’m using bird’s eye chillies and another one I don’t really know the name of. I also substituted ingredients here and there because I didn’t have the ones required on hand. I used chicken breasts instead of thighs because, quite honestly, I hate chicken thighs. You can take the skin off, but it really is one of the best parts of this dish - I’d recommend an extra 10 minutes on the treadmill instead.
Piri-Piri Chicken = Piri-Piri Sauce + Chicken + Pan Roasted Peppers
[ ½ onion + 3 cloves of garlic + 10-12 chillies, or depending on your preference + 1 tablespoon sweet smoked paprika + juice of 1 lemon + 2 tablespoon vinegar + a bunch of parsley + salt & pepper to taste ]
Blend all the ingredients in a blender or a liquidizer. Add 1/4 cup water into the mixture and set aside.
[ 4 large chicken breast, halved + 1 teaspoon fennel seeds + salt & pepper to taste ]
Put the chicken thighs on a chopping board and slash the meat on each side a few times.
Drizzle with olive oil and season, then put on the griddleor frying pan that is heating up, skin side down.
Cook until golden underneath, then turn over. Set aside when cooked.
[ 1 yellow bell pepper + 1 red bell pepper + 1/2 tablespoon olive oil ]
Cut the peppers into strip and roast in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Set aside.
Pour the piri piri sauce into a snug-fitting roasting tray or a casserole dish.
Add the chicken to the roasting tray with the sauce. Lay the roasted peppers on top.
Scatter over the sprigs of thyme (if using the original recipe - I didn’t have any so I scattered chopped parsley after it comes out of the oven), then put the tray into the middle of the oven at 200 degrees C for 10-15 minute, until cooked through and the sauce has reduced a bit.
Serve over rice or with french fries.
- game-dancho reblogged this from peegaw
- moosheg likes this
- roxanne-belikov likes this
- hyo-chan likes this
- zak-n likes this
- exquisitejei likes this
- hayley-in-ak likes this
- tonyrodgers reblogged this from peegaw
- tonyrodgers likes this
- rust-and-gold likes this
- tidbitsandmindbytes reblogged this from peegaw
- lustpotion likes this
- insp-lestrade likes this
- sydasia likes this
- starr-rodriguez22 likes this
- ypathia likes this
- funmix likes this
- brownie89 likes this
- swandog-studio likes this
- masilvi likes this
- gekkoukitsune likes this
- addictionandsciencefiction likes this
- velvet-jungle likes this
- thychi likes this
- elements-of-life likes this
- longhairdontcare101 likes this
- tasvir likes this
- vazzzz likes this
- raison--detre likes this
- xswanqueen reblogged this from peegaw
- poooolllllyyyyy likes this
- palpina likes this
- iamtheghostyouonceknew likes this
- ilovelondonilovemyself likes this
- ljstraightnochaser likes this
- angel-teukie reblogged this from peegaw
- beyondinfinitespace likes this
- dianagee likes this
- sydneyd123 reblogged this from peegaw
- hunteri---heroici likes this
- henrycharlesspencer likes this
- hpacamalan reblogged this from peegaw
- hpacamalan likes this
- girlnamedsue reblogged this from peegaw
- h01o8pe8 likes this
- sun-struck likes this