Making Tofu and Enoki Sliders
So this is my post for one of the two entrées for the vegan challenge from Rizky. After some brainstorming and an ask-session with Andy, I’ve decided to post a recipe for a sort-of Tofu Sloppy Joe, though with Asian condiments. Rizky had objected on the use of fake cheese, though she really needn’t worry, because I couldn’t find fake/vegan cheese here anyways. So yeah…if I made a slip and used something vegan-inappropriate, then I duly apologize beforehand. But I have to say, these did taste pretty good.
I made the slider buns using a new batch of Artisan Bread dough. Take a small handful of dough and form the gluten cloak while shaping them into balls.
Leave them to rise for 30-40 minutes
Brush the top part with a little water and sprinkle some sesame seeds
Bake at 450F for 15 minutes. Leave aside to cool.
[ 1 cup silken tofu, crumbled + 1 1/2 tablespoon dark, aged soy sauce + 1 1/2 tablespoon Sriracha sauce + 2 tablespoon sesame oil, divided + 1 clove of garlic, grated + 1 2cm piece of ginger, grated + 1/4 of an onion, chopped ]
Combine the tofu, aged soy sauce, hot sauce, grated ginger & garlic and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a bowl. Leave to marinate for 15 minutes.
Heat the other 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a pan and sautee the onions until translucent. Add in the tofu mixture and cook for 5 minutes or until some of the liquids evaporate. Set aside.
To prepare the mushrooms,cut the stems/roots and give it a quick rinse.
Heat some salted water in a pan until it boils. Turn the heat off.
Drop the mushrooms into the water and leave for 30 seconds. You want it to still retain some bite. Drain the mushroom on paper towels.
Split the slider buns. Pile on any leafy salad greens you have on hand.
Spoon some of the Sloppy Tofu mixture and top with a few stalks of enoki mushroom.
Place the top of the bun and press down a bit just to get things together.
- darlingmuck likes this
- alwaysverytired likes this
- little-nerdasaurus likes this
- mantis-toboggan-md likes this
- kellywatchthestars likes this
- thechangyoucansee likes this
- anthony-tilar likes this
- innamaree reblogged this from peegaw
- ksang likes this
- oliverio-erizzo likes this
- filfth likes this
- jojowhatever likes this
- kundoyumnam likes this
- creatiffmotiff likes this
- cookism likes this
- rizkywidodo said: aw shiiiiiiiiiit
- rizkywidodo likes this
- zwerven said: enoki mushrooms! man I’m super jealous, only mushrooms easily available here are regular button ones. they look absolutely delicious, and Asian-styled sloppy joes is amazing fusion-styled food. tofu really looks like flaked meat too!
- zwerven likes this
- kumako365jp likes this
- kumako365jp said: aww I love white buns!!!
- olhobocabarriga reblogged this from peegaw
- peegaw posted this