Making Baked Jalapeño Poppers
First recipe to be done fully in the kitchen. I usually run back and forth between the kitchen and my room; the sole reason being the lighting is better in my room so I have a somewhat sterile corner set-up for taking pictures of ingredients/food and I usually do the mixing and whatnots there so I can take pictures of the step-by-step *takes a deep breath* But my parents came over and decided that my room needs a minor renovation so unfortunately food is off limits for now.
Anyways, when dealing with peppers it’s ideal to wear rubber gloves to avoid the stinging and burning feeling afterwards, but I once read AWT recommending to rub oil on your hands before handling them. I tried that method here and it surprisingly worked. Just remember to wash your hands thoroughly when you’re finished before sticking them into any orifices.
Jalapeño Poppers = Peppers + Filling + Coating
Peppers + Filling:
[ 6 Jalapeño peppers + 1/2 cup cream cheese + 1/4 cup grated cheddar + 1 teaspoon hot sauce + 1 teaspoon English mustard + 1 egg + 2 scallions, green part only, sliced ]
[ 2 eggs + 1/2 cup Panko or regular breadcrumbs + 1/4 cup parmesan cheese + 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder + 1/4 teaspoon black pepper + 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano ]
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine cream cheese, cheddar, hot sauce, mustard, egg and scallions in a medium bowl.
Combine breadcrumbs, garlic powder, dried oregano, and black pepper in another bowl.
Wearing rubber gloves, cut peppers in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and membrane using a spoon or knife. If you don’t have gloves, then rub some oil onto your hands before handling the chillies.
Fill pepper halves with cheese filling with a small spoon or spatula.
Whisk the two eggs in a shallow bowl. Dip peppers in the egg.
Place pepper into the breadcrumb mixture, using a spoon to evenly coat the pepper and make sure all the seasoning doesn’t fall to the bottom of the bowl.
Repeat the process once more.
Spray a baking pan with oil spray or grease it lightly with a little olive oil.
Lightly spray the peppers with a little more oil spray.
Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes until golden.
Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
I served it with a dip of [ 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise + 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil + 1 teaspoon of honey ].
268 Notes/ Hide
- thefattofitblr likes this
- purgingmymind likes this
- yousinkmybattleship reblogged this from peegaw
- yousinkmybattleship likes this
- ryaneclowe29 likes this
- atangleofthorns reblogged this from peegaw
- t-killing-moon likes this
- ohphotoriginal likes this
- michcarprn likes this
- saturnaddy likes this
- ilovepastaalot reblogged this from peegaw
- fromhereto-california likes this
- viirginiam likes this
- kimds92 likes this
- adecenthumanbeing likes this
- left-butt reblogged this from peegaw
- left-butt likes this
- noadkoko likes this
- wjd1989 likes this
- chukew likes this
- gabbyloveshim likes this
- okiesmai likes this
- lmu123 likes this
- iamsmallcinnamoncat reblogged this from peegaw
- midnight-debauchery likes this
- prettyfaceflithymouth likes this
- abmlatino reblogged this from peegaw
- dguillen likes this
- hanson1823 reblogged this from peegaw
- ohemgeethatbody reblogged this from peegaw
- hopelesscontra likes this
- booyoupoo likes this
- shannnnun likes this
- dreamcreams likes this
- dreamcreams reblogged this from peegaw
- annasoccer likes this
- simplicityhasbeauty likes this
- tamiie2021 likes this
- tamiie2021 reblogged this from peegaw
- p-tour likes this
- berserk-princess reblogged this from peegaw
- worldpeacesunshine reblogged this from peegaw
- lightshooker likes this
- kimberlycares reblogged this from peegaw
- invadercelestial likes this
- missloonybin reblogged this from peegaw
- wutupjanee likes this
- jojostoast likes this
- lincolnland reblogged this from peegaw