Making Ramen Burger
I’m not much for hype foods. Cupcakes, macarons, cronuts? Forget about it. But when the ramen burger was brought to my attention I couldn’t look away. I mean, it is basically the milestone of consumption for someone as obsessed with packaged noodles as I am. I began searching about it. Its components. Testimonies of those who have consumed the original. The short video of Keizo Shimamoto making one, where all I could catch was that he sources his fresh-noodle buns and that he sears them in sesame oil. Personally I think there’s more to binding the ramen into a bun than just eggs, but for now, this recipe will have to do.
Edit: Due to a happy accident when making noodles, I changed the recipe for the ramen bun to omit the eggs. Doing that actually yields a sturdier, crispier ramen bun.
RAMEN BURGER (makes 2):
[ 2 packets of instant ramen noodles + 1/2 lb ground beef + 1 garlic glove, crushed + 1/2 to 1 tablespoon fish sauce + 1/2 teaspoon black pepper + 1/4 teaspoons sugar + sesame oil + arugula or lettuce + scallion ]
SHOYU SAUCE (or just use a splash of soy sauce, your call).
[ 1/4 cup soy sauce + 1/4 cup brown sugar + 1 garlic, crushed, + 1/2 cm piece of ginger, grated + 1 shallot or 1/4 small onion, chopped + 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 teaspoon water ]
For the ramen bun, cook your ramen (without the seasoning packet). Drain through a colander and don’t rinse with cold water. While still hot, divide the ramen into four portions, and place each portion in [very. we’re talking 1-2 drops of oil] lightly greased ramekins or other round containers to mold the ramen into a round shape. Place a smaller, heavier bowl over the ramen to press it into shape. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
If you’re using the beef patty recipe, combine ground beef, garlic, fish sauce, sugar and black pepper. Gently form meat into a balls, then flatten into patties. Refrigerate until needed.
For the shoyu sauce, combine all the ingredients except the dissolved cornstarch, and bring to a boil, When it has slightly reduced, stir in the cornstarch and turn off the heat. Set aside.
Heat a tablespoon of sesame oil in a pan, and fry both ramen patties until brown on one side and cooked on the other. Set aside, ready for the hamburger, with a bit of arugula or lettuce on one side.
Fry your hamburger patty as you like it. Glaze it with the shoyu sauce and sesame oil to taste.
Place cooked hamburger patty on top of the bun with the arugula or lettuce, spoon some more shoyu sauce and top with scallions.
822 Notes/ Hide
- askcallie likes this
- rzlabdl reblogged this from peegaw
- rzlabdl likes this
- violentlymakesasandwich reblogged this from peegaw
- kelciescho likes this
- kelciescho reblogged this from peegaw
- underneaththehooker likes this
- doggiepaws likes this
- c0caine-hart likes this
- rubyquill reblogged this from peegaw
- astridpinkylemon likes this
- hyoyeon likes this
- lovelove-gsong reblogged this from peegaw
- lesbianstarkidexplosion likes this
- persianoutkast likes this
- ambitionsofadreamer likes this
- justine0ac likes this
- 007hawk likes this
- healterskeltergirl likes this
- temporaltwilight reblogged this from peteykins
- temporaltwilight likes this
- peteykins reblogged this from peegaw
- lifeismesssy reblogged this from peegaw
- sidhechaos reblogged this from peegaw
- vegemiting likes this
- xxannannaxx likes this
- belindalovelee likes this
- mrydette likes this
- carbonfiberpussygang reblogged this from peegaw
- carbonfiberpussygang likes this
- kluczy likes this
- sassaroon likes this
- peggaboo likes this
- deb-web-68 likes this
- darrencrisscrosscalabazachrist reblogged this from november-branches
- november-branches reblogged this from peegaw
- tenzenasura reblogged this from peegaw
- charlesisbatmannow likes this
- juhblog reblogged this from peegaw
- cecilun reblogged this from peegaw
- cassandrarios likes this
- fillthisnight likes this
- imposterbehindthemask likes this
- dortmt likes this
- errrdays-highday likes this
- matterofcliches likes this
- food2share reblogged this from peegaw