Making Ramen Burger
I’m not much for hype foods. Cupcakes, macarons, cronuts? Forget about it. But when the ramen burger was brought to my attention I couldn’t look away. I mean, it is basically the milestone of consumption for someone as obsessed with packaged noodles as I am. I began searching about it. Its components. Testimonies of those who have consumed the original. The short video of Keizo Shimamoto making one, where all I could catch was that he sources his fresh-noodle buns and that he sears them in sesame oil. Personally I think there’s more to binding the ramen into a bun than just eggs, but for now, this recipe will have to do.
Edit: Due to a happy accident when making noodles, I changed the recipe for the ramen bun to omit the eggs. Doing that actually yields a sturdier, crispier ramen bun.
RAMEN BURGER (makes 2):
[ 2 packets of instant ramen noodles + 1/2 lb ground beef + 1 garlic glove, crushed + 1/2 to 1 tablespoon fish sauce + 1/2 teaspoon black pepper + 1/4 teaspoons sugar + sesame oil + arugula or lettuce + scallion ]
SHOYU SAUCE (or just use a splash of soy sauce, your call).
[ 1/4 cup soy sauce + 1/4 cup brown sugar + 1 garlic, crushed, + 1/2 cm piece of ginger, grated + 1 shallot or 1/4 small onion, chopped + 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 teaspoon water ]
For the ramen bun, cook your ramen (without the seasoning packet). Drain through a colander and don’t rinse with cold water. While still hot, divide the ramen into four portions, and place each portion in [very. we’re talking 1-2 drops of oil] lightly greased ramekins or other round containers to mold the ramen into a round shape. Place a smaller, heavier bowl over the ramen to press it into shape. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
If you’re using the beef patty recipe, combine ground beef, garlic, fish sauce, sugar and black pepper. Gently form meat into a balls, then flatten into patties. Refrigerate until needed.
For the shoyu sauce, combine all the ingredients except the dissolved cornstarch, and bring to a boil, When it has slightly reduced, stir in the cornstarch and turn off the heat. Set aside.
Heat a tablespoon of sesame oil in a pan, and fry both ramen patties until brown on one side and cooked on the other. Set aside, ready for the hamburger, with a bit of arugula or lettuce on one side.
Fry your hamburger patty as you like it. Glaze it with the shoyu sauce and sesame oil to taste.
Place cooked hamburger patty on top of the bun with the arugula or lettuce, spoon some more shoyu sauce and top with scallions.
791 Notes/ Hide
- kluczy likes this
- sassaroon likes this
- peggaboo likes this
- deb-web-68 likes this
- darrencrisscrosschrist reblogged this from november-branches
- november-branches reblogged this from peegaw
- tenzenasura reblogged this from peegaw
- charlesisbatmannow likes this
- juhblog reblogged this from peegaw
- cecilun reblogged this from peegaw
- cassandrarios likes this
- fillthisnight likes this
- imposterbehindthemask likes this
- dortmt likes this
- errrdays-highday likes this
- matterofcliches likes this
- food2share reblogged this from peegaw
- donhakidponzonha reblogged this from peegaw and added:
- saridipity likes this
- thatssewloli reblogged this from peegaw
- randomfood1620 reblogged this from peegaw
- i-just-try-to-think-creatively reblogged this from withlovecommaellie
- artfulgourmet reblogged this from peegaw and added:
- artfulgourmet likes this
- slingkee likes this
- withlovecommaellie reblogged this from peegaw
- withlovecommaellie likes this
- tashaaaaaah reblogged this from peegaw
- hello--bella reblogged this from peegaw
- raurenosaurus likes this
- ssslee likes this
- zombierodent likes this
- roostertoothing likes this
- safiron reblogged this from peegaw
- gokuku4you reblogged this from peegaw
- gokuku4you likes this
- elerictronico likes this
- schusterrooster likes this
- grinandtonic reblogged this from peegaw
- drawandpostit likes this
- herblehgrr reblogged this from peegaw
- mousekatizumi likes this
- twilightmemories likes this
- dietsdontwerk likes this
- saycheezits likes this
- the-legend-of-lindsay reblogged this from peegaw
- fozbaca likes this
- keonekwiyomi likes this
- just1happy22 likes this