Making Ramen Burger
I’m not much for hype foods. Cupcakes, macarons, cronuts? Forget about it. But when the ramen burger was brought to my attention I couldn’t look away. I mean, it is basically the milestone of consumption for someone as obsessed with packaged noodles as I am. I began searching about it. Its components. Testimonies of those who have consumed the original. The short video of Keizo Shimamoto making one, where all I could catch was that he sources his fresh-noodle buns and that he sears them in sesame oil. Personally I think there’s more to binding the ramen into a bun than just eggs, but for now, this recipe will have to do.
Edit: Due to a happy accident when making noodles, I changed the recipe for the ramen bun to omit the eggs. Doing that actually yields a sturdier, crispier ramen bun.
RAMEN BURGER (makes 2):
[ 2 packets of instant ramen noodles + 1/2 lb ground beef + 1 garlic glove, crushed + 1/2 to 1 tablespoon fish sauce + 1/2 teaspoon black pepper + 1/4 teaspoons sugar + sesame oil + arugula or lettuce + scallion ]
SHOYU SAUCE (or just use a splash of soy sauce, your call).
[ 1/4 cup soy sauce + 1/4 cup brown sugar + 1 garlic, crushed, + 1/2 cm piece of ginger, grated + 1 shallot or 1/4 small onion, chopped + 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch dissolved in 1 teaspoon water ]
For the ramen bun, cook your ramen (without the seasoning packet). Drain through a colander and don’t rinse with cold water. While still hot, divide the ramen into four portions, and place each portion in [very. we’re talking 1-2 drops of oil] lightly greased ramekins or other round containers to mold the ramen into a round shape. Place a smaller, heavier bowl over the ramen to press it into shape. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
If you’re using the beef patty recipe, combine ground beef, garlic, fish sauce, sugar and black pepper. Gently form meat into a balls, then flatten into patties. Refrigerate until needed.
For the shoyu sauce, combine all the ingredients except the dissolved cornstarch, and bring to a boil, When it has slightly reduced, stir in the cornstarch and turn off the heat. Set aside.
Heat a tablespoon of sesame oil in a pan, and fry both ramen patties until brown on one side and cooked on the other. Set aside, ready for the hamburger, with a bit of arugula or lettuce on one side.
Fry your hamburger patty as you like it. Glaze it with the shoyu sauce and sesame oil to taste.
Place cooked hamburger patty on top of the bun with the arugula or lettuce, spoon some more shoyu sauce and top with scallions.
753 Notes/ Hide
- dietsdontwerk likes this
- saycheezits likes this
- mayor-lindsay reblogged this from peegaw
- fozbaca likes this
- cupcakekillaa likes this
- just1happy22 likes this
- just1happy22 reblogged this from peegaw
- kmac2236 likes this
- roxington reblogged this from peegaw
- atransgamerslog likes this
- mayor-lindsay likes this
- yumscoobysnacks likes this
- dbeebe51 likes this
- inspirationoften likes this
- theunicornprincesss likes this
- dcfisthole reblogged this from peegaw
- jvonneumann likes this
- skyxsflight reblogged this from peegaw
- neelie-hm likes this
- xsparrowx reblogged this from peegaw
- xsparrowx likes this
- blackgirlintheattic likes this
- tothebeautifuluniversity reblogged this from fanserviced
- kpopiiee likes this
- isblad likes this
- cefillee likes this
- yesungspetturtle likes this
- kmusicfiend likes this
- daniagui6 likes this
- breezyx101 reblogged this from fanserviced
- hotcupoftae likes this
- darklirio01 likes this
- distortedhumor likes this
- herwhisperisthecatsmeow reblogged this from fanserviced
- tetsuyaah likes this
- juxtapositive reblogged this from fanserviced
- juxtapositive likes this
- sehuns-key likes this
- rae-sunny likes this
- ladymacb reblogged this from fanserviced
- jinkxxx likes this
- jaejuliet likes this
- itwasfunnyatthetimedear reblogged this from taemintnchocochips
- itwasfunnyatthetimedear likes this
- giantrobotfightsintokyo reblogged this from kawaii-luna
- giantrobotfightsintokyo likes this
- spine-breaker likes this
- wintergirlsdontlastforever reblogged this from fanserviced