Making Pavlova with Grilled Pineapples
This one goes out to Infinite—world, who made a foodwish for simple sweet snacks. Hopefully this one is a much classier dessert than the previous post (for the same foodwish). In any case, I think I’ve consumed enough sugar for the entire of next week.
PAVLOVA with GRILLED PINEAPPLES:
[ 3 egg whites + 1 cup sugar + 1 teaspoon salt + 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar + canned pineapple rings, in syrup + whipped cream + mint leaves for garnish ]
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
Line 2 baking sheets with non-stick liner or parchment paper (meringue can stick on greaseproof paper and foil).
In a glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites until foamy using an electric mixer. Add the sugar, a little at a time, and continue to beat, on medium-high speed, until the meringue holds very stiff peaks. Beat in the balsamic vinegar.
Note: The meringue is done when it holds stiff peaks and when you rub a little between your thumb and index finger it does not feel gritty. If it feels gritty the sugar has not fully dissolved so keep beating until it feels smooth between your fingers.
Spoon mounds of meringue, using two spoons, onto the prepared sheets.
Bake the meringues for approximately 1 1/2 hours, rotating the baking sheet from front to back (about half way through) to ensure even baking.
When its near the end of cooking time for the pavlova, prepare the pineapples by heating a griddle pan until hot and then adding the pineapple slices.
Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and allow to cool slightly.
The meringues are done when they are pale in color and fairly crisp.
Turn the oven off and leave the door slightly ajar to let the meringue cool completely. As the meringue cools, it will crack slightly.
Serve the pavlova with the whipped cream and grilled pineapple, garnished with a sprig of mint.
- sheenafox5 reblogged this from peegaw
- herblehgrr reblogged this from peegaw
- luperamos likes this
- metheliving likes this
- alfonsoparga likes this
- lshawnn likes this
- fancydancy-magicprancy likes this
- craycraybanaynay reblogged this from peegaw
- ashleytheamazon likes this
- strawallykiwilemonadekisses likes this
- justbeautifulthinks likes this
- powpiy-lynxx likes this
- trayana likes this
- sweetsonofabitch likes this
- glasskaleidoscope likes this
- muffinated likes this
- beforethedeparture likes this
- buttersfranklin likes this
- meetmeinthealley likes this
- youcan-neverbe-me likes this
- finatka likes this
- redblackapron said: I’ve never made pavlova before but this looks really good!
- slycooley likes this
- fullofspit likes this
- silentsun likes this
- filfth likes this
- cookingwithsass likes this
- cannibal-swag likes this
- ojasweet likes this
- papirisky reblogged this from peegaw
- peegaw posted this