Making Pesto Potatoes & Eggs
I’m actually fasting today so I have no idea what this tastes like…yet. It doesn’t really matter though, because I made it mainly for my sister, who is currently moping around due to the death of her pet rabbits. She hasn’t complained so far, so I’m taking that as a good sign. There isn’t an exact recipe for this, just eyeball the amounts to what looks good for you. If you want, you can also add in a handful of cheese or a splash of cream to the potatoes, but I opted to skip the dairy. The fried basil leaves are optional, but it does add a nice touch to the dish.
PESTO POTATOES & EGGS:
[ Medium sized potatoes, 1 per person + Eggs, 1 per person + Storebought or homemade pesto, 1 1/2 tablespoon per person + 1 tablespoon olive oil + garlic + salt and pepper ]
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
Scrub and peel (or don’t peel, your choice) and then thinly slice the potatoes.
Toss the potato slices with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
Crush the garlic and throw those in too.
Get a skillet and cook the potatoes for about 10-15 minutes, until its cooked and crisp on the edges.
Crack the eggs into ramekins and set aside.
Put the potatoes in a casserole dish. Spoon in the pesto and toss to coat evenly.
Put it in the oven for 5-10 minutes to brown the top.
Place the eggs on top, season with salt and pepper.
Bake in the oven until the eggs just set.
FRIED BASIL LEAVES:
[ A handful of basil leaves + 3 tablespoons oil ]
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and allow it to get hot (about one minute), then carefully add half of the basil leaves to the oil.
It’s important to make sure that the basil is dry so that the oil doesn’t splatter.
Stand back while the basil fries for about 30 seconds. Once the sizzling slows and the leaves have fried, remove the basil with a slotted spoon and lay them on a paper towel-covered plate.
Scatter the fried basil on top of the potatoes and eggs and serve warm.
233 Notes/ Hide
- i-like-calligraphy likes this
- sabrina-alaimo likes this
- maria1417g likes this
- hellokingdom reblogged this from peegaw
- igotbaked likes this
- theportraitistofdoriangray likes this
- anarmchairtraveler likes this
- happilee-queer likes this
- microlisa reblogged this from peegaw
- dark-tarou likes this
- omotteru likes this
- cupp-c reblogged this from peegaw
- cupp-c likes this
- fiftysixth likes this
- nyaibuttercup reblogged this from peegaw
- aohs likes this
- sadomillerchism likes this
- cookinghunter reblogged this from peegaw
- cookinghunter likes this
- theeurbanrover likes this
- merrillwhatley likes this
- georc reblogged this from peegaw
- georc likes this
- threefootcrow likes this
- 68beats reblogged this from peegaw
- 68beats likes this
- calloggs-castle reblogged this from peegaw and added:
- niffey likes this
- xxjnl likes this
- amyyy likes this
- octobur-frost likes this
- themagicpomegranate likes this
- wherehipstersgotoshrek likes this
- shavickdesigns likes this
- bullshitandweirdstuff likes this
- theginkitty reblogged this from peegaw and added:
- alycewithay likes this
- bestrecipebookcom likes this
- healthy-and-beautiful likes this
- seemadream-provereal reblogged this from peegaw
- violeta35 likes this
- blkdmnd82 likes this
- xxzxczx- likes this
- rootsandwingsdesigns reblogged this from peegaw
- kick-it-in-the-sticks likes this
- arcticcdnviking likes this
- paumorgan likes this
- tomleos likes this
- helcay likes this
- theresnothingtobesorryabout likes this