Making Breakfast Pizza
After trying it out for the last three post, I’ve come to the conclusion that watermarking is a heinous task. It’s tedious and I now personally deem it unnecessary. I might still be on the fence about enabling high-res images, but I’m definitely off it when it comes to watermarking every image that goes into a post. So yeah, rants aside, here’s some pizza eggs to celebrate making it halfway through the week without crashing and burning. Not [human] bodily at least.
My car rear end-ed a car a few days back and though at a glance it’s not noticeable, at a closer look you’ll see hairline fractures all over the grill and inside the right headlight. I just got the estimate for the damage today and I’ll be having a slice or two [and not really feel that guilty (about the pizza, that is, not the car)] of this before making the call to break the news to father.
[1 1/4 cup all purpose flour + 1/2 cup warm water + 1 teaspoon instant yeast + 1/2 teaspoon salt + 1 teaspoon sugar + 1 tablespoon oil]
Pour warm water in a medium size bowl.
Add salt and yeast and stir around.
Mix in the flour. Gradually add more flour until the dough comes together enough for you to start kneading it.
Knead for a couple of minutes, add additional flour if it sticks to your hands.
Put the dough back in the bowl and drizzle it with the oil.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set it in a warm place for 30 minutes - 1 hour.
[3 tablespoons pesto (homemade or store-bought. can also be substituted with 2 tablespoons olive oil + 1 clove of garlic, grated) + a handful of cherry tomatoes + eggs (1 per person) + 5 mushrooms (shiitake, button, etc etc) + olive oil + salt & pepper]
The toppings can really be anything you want - the hallmark of breakfast pizzas is that there are eggs on top; the rest is up to you.
Preheat the oven to the highest possible temperature (450-500°F).
Crack the eggs into separate ramekins or bowl.
This is to ensure that the yolks won’t break and you can take out some of the whites so that it won’t flow all over your pizza.
Slice the mushroom and cut the cherry tomatoes into halves.
Roll out the pizza dough.
Stretch and flatten the dough until you get the desired size and thickness that you prefer and move it to a baking pan covered with parchment paper.
Spread the pesto or garlic-oil on top.
Scatter the cherry tomatoes and sliced mushroom on top.
Drizzle with olive oil and bake for about 10 mins until the tomatoes are soft and the pizza edges are slightly burnt
Place the eggs on top of the pizza and season with salt and black pepper.
Bake again for 3-5 minutes or until the eggs set.
Serve while still warm.
- magickaboom likes this
- coralpath likes this
- numbreon likes this
- lazy-monkeys-mind reblogged this from peegaw
- lazy-monkeys-mind likes this
- darrianmoore likes this
- nastasiasergeeva reblogged this from peegaw and added:
- nastasiasergeeva likes this
- toast-money reblogged this from peegaw
- vvhathefuck likes this
- gothika666faerie likes this
- gothika666faerie reblogged this from peegaw
- shekhah-r likes this
- insanityisagame likes this
- thegirlwholovesthenightsky likes this
- gulapahit reblogged this from peegaw
- ificallyoudarling likes this
- snapsnapclick likes this
- azusaharuna reblogged this from peegaw
- azusaharuna likes this
- messedupkidsofmygeneration likes this
- messedupkidsofmygeneration reblogged this from ziggueroa
- ryce likes this
- celestrial-alchemist likes this
- ziggueroa reblogged this from peegaw
- heyycaroline likes this
- krystaltable reblogged this from peegaw
- like-a-m4tchstick likes this
- linfm likes this
- babakpashazadeh likes this
- vintagebreakdown likes this
- continualcaprice likes this
- ilikehoranhugsnotwhoresanddrugs reblogged this from peegaw
- aeguerrero reblogged this from peegaw
- dontcareforyourperspective likes this
- motokow likes this
- vespertinethetangerine likes this
- lashask1 likes this
- oh-dobbys likes this
- music-in-the-eyes-of-me reblogged this from peegaw
- want2belovelynthin likes this
- ninosimpson likes this
- mattgauci reblogged this from peegaw
- ra-kate likes this
- layceemarley likes this
- insomnia-like-tomorrow likes this
- ellemurr reblogged this from peegaw
- loveoftheirish likes this
- recipeslostinspace reblogged this from peegaw