I know that this will make it seem as if I’m trying to hang on to the last bit of summer, but to be fair, it’s summer all-year round over here in the equator so me making some salsa is perfectly justified. I made these to accompany the next two food posts and they can be used to spruce up any other dishes as well. There was quite a lot leftover so I stored them in jars inside the fridge - I’m just waiting for my sister to dare me to eat nothing but salsa for a whole month like she did with the Tarka Dhal.
Corn and Black Bean Salsa:
[1 tin of black beans, drained and rinsed + fresh (or canned) corn kernels + 1 tomato, seeded and chopped + chopped fresh parsley + juice of 1 lime + 1 tablespoon vegetable oil + 1 clove of garlic, minced+ 1-2 chillies, finely chopped + 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds + 1/4 teaspoon salt, black pepper]
To prepare salsa, combine lime juice, oil, minced garlic, chillies, cumin seeds, salt & pepper in a bowl. Mix to combine.
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Pineapple and Mango Salsa:
[fresh pineapple, chopped + mango, chopped + cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped + shallots, finely sliced + juice of 1/2 lime + fresh cilantro, chopped + salt & pepper to taste]
Combine pineapple and remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
Use the salsa to spruce up chicken, seafood or even rice dishes.
- brownie89 likes this
- addictionandsciencefiction likes this
- loripirog reblogged this from peegaw
- vi-confesso-una-cosa likes this
- naomidynamics likes this
- ga-x likes this
- abstractedfromreality reblogged this from peegaw
- sexygabgub reblogged this from peegaw
- deathkittenontheprowl reblogged this from peegaw
- lovepotionnumbernine likes this
- delamona likes this
- naiarbrady likes this
- taljd likes this
- rachiwi likes this
- kumako365jp likes this
- everythinginebb likes this
- rubberbend said: Are the shallots and garlic raw? I don’t really like ‘em bulbs, but I think they’re awesome. :)
- xelane likes this
- peegaw posted this